The examination to attain the coveted CASI fellow credential is in three parts. An online examination based primarily on our reading material or a choice between a thesis or writing a case study.
And thirdly a presentation on the topic, Finally references.
Part 1: Online Exam
50 questions: objective with multiple choices.
Part 2: Thesis Writing or Case Study
As an option to the written exam, participants keen to have the coveted CASI fellow credential may opt to write a thesis related to CSR or Sustainability. They may opt to write a case study in lieu of the thesis.
Topics for the Thesis
The participant may opt for any one of the following topics for the thesis.
- Any one the ten principles of United Nations Global Compact
- Any one of the nine principles of national voluntary guidelines: India
- Real life case study of the participants company in CSR / Sustainability
- 60 to 100 pages
- Including case studies supporting the principles from your country of origin
- Interviews of atleast 2 senior working professionals involved in CSR or sustainability: these professionals should have handled a budget of a minimum of USD 500,000/- towards CSR.
- Please note that this thesis is an open document and CASI reserves the rights to publish the same on its website or other communication material.
Case study requirements
- Detailed case study of a corporate house having sustainability strategy intertwined with its business strategy OR
- Detailed case study of CSR activities of a corporate house
- In both cases above the corporate should have a turnover of more than 5 Million USD.
Please select any one: either a case study or a thesis.
Part 3: Presentation
This is a compulsory assignment. A 25 to 35 slide power point presentation on the thesis or the case study is required.
Audience of the presentation
This presentation has to be made keeping in mind a specific audience. This has to be either for corporates or for management / post graduate students.
If this is for corporates, this has to enable them to use the case study or the principles in designing their CSR or sustainability strategy. Effectively this has to enable them to create a business strategy intertwined with sustainability.
In case the presentation is for students, the idea is to inculcate sustainability in their thinking and actions. The presentation should enable them to understand your main theme and they should be able to identify opportunities to inculcate sustainability norms / CSR norms within their day to day actions.
Part 4: references
Two references are required.
Please fill in details of these references. CASI will initiate an email to your references.
CASI fellow credential will be issued on completion of all of the above requirements.
“CASI Global CSR Fellow | CASI Global Sustainability Fellow”